Contact us Chinese Version

 Home  ABOUT AHUT  Administration  Academics  Research  International Students   International Exchange  Campus Life 

Study at AHUT
 Visa Procedures 
 Campus Maps 
 Campus Life 
Visa Procedures
当前位置: Home>>International Students >>Study at AHUT>>Visa Procedures
Visa Services

Visas and Residence Permit

1. X1 Visa
X1 Visa is for people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once issued, it allows applicants 30 days to register at the office of School of International Education and apply for a residence permit. Before applying for a residence permit, students are required to get a health report from the designated department.
2. X2 Visa
X2 visa is for people engaging in short-term (less than 6 months) academicactivities in China. It specifies how many days in total applicants are allowedto stay in China on the visa page. For instance, if you enter China with an X2 visa valid for 90 days on August 25, you may stay until November 23.
3. L Visa
L visa is a tourist visa. It is for people or groups traveling to China.
4. S1 and S2 Visa
S1 visa is a long-term visa pass for dependents such as family members, parents/parents-in-law of work/study visa holders.
S1 visa is a short-term visa pass for dependents such as family members ,parents/parents-in-law of work/study visa holders.
5. Z Visa
A Z visa is required if you’re coming to China to perform services in a pre-arranged professional job.
6. Residence Permit
Residence permit is issued to people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once granted, it allows students unlimited entry into China for the time that the visa is valid.

Housing Registration

Foreigners must get a housing registration form within the 24 hours after their arrival in China. In most cases a temporary housing registration form has to be filled in.

If you live on the campus of Anhui University of Technology, simply go to the office of School of International Education.

If you rent an apartment off campus, you must visit the local police station promptly with your landlord.
Please note that if you have renewed your passport or visa, or changed your address, you must reapply for a new housing registration form within 10 days. Failure to do so, you will be regarded as an illegal resident and fined heavily accordingly.

Lost or Stolen Passport

If your passport has been lost or stolen, you must follow the instructions listed below:
1. Go to the School of International Education to get a certificate of the loss
2. Report to the local police station about your case and ask for a report of the loss
3. Bring the report and certificate to the Ma’anshan Public Security Bureau and apply for a written confirmation of the loss
4. Apply for a new passport with the written confirmation at your embassy in China.
5. Go back to the School of International Education with your new passport and apply for a new student visa. Please note that you must go back to the police station to renew your housing registration as well.

Penalties for Illegal Residence

If you don’t have a valid visa or failto register at the police station within 24 hours of your arrival, you will be dismissed as an illegal resident. This will cause a heavy fine up to 500 RMB per day.

Anhui University of Technology Tel: (+86) 555-2311691 Anhui University of Technology All Rights Reserved